Ethiopian timket festival (epiphany)
- Tour Code PETT- FD4
- Small Group fixed departure
- 9 days, 13. – 21. Jan 2020
On this tour you are privileged to witness on of the most ancient festivals celebrated in Ethiopia, Timket Festival. Commemorating the baptism of Jesus Christ, this is an extremely colorful three-day festival celebrated on the Ethiopian Calendar and you will attend this festival around the rock-hewn churches of St. Lalibela
On this tour you are privileged to witness on of the most colorful and ancient festivals celebrated in Ethiopia, Timket Festival. Commemorating the baptism of Jesus Christ, this is an extremely colorful three-day festival celebrated on the Ethiopian Calendar and you will attend this festival around the rock-hewn churches of St. Lalibela where it is celebrated in a unique way.
On this trip of discovery, you will visit the matchless sites of Ethiopia’s Historic Route among which four of the sites are listed under UNESCO’s world Heritage list including: Lalibela, Gondar, island monasteries of Lake Tana, cruise along Lake Tana, the source of the Great Blue Nile River, trek along the spectacular Simien Mountains “the chess pieces of gods” with the Bleeding Heart Baboon and more.
- Celebration of the Timket Festival
- Experience Ethiopian Orthodox Christian doctrines and Traditions
- Visit 3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Be amazed by a visit to the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, “the living wonders of the world”
- Enjoy the magnificent nature and endemic wild life of Simien Mountains
- Discover the fairytale castles of Gondar
- Take cruise on Lake Tana to visit the ancient Island monasteries
- Site the source of the mighty river, the Blue Nile & Blue Nile falls
- Visit the vibrant city of Addis Ababa, Africa’s Capital
- Meet your ancestor LUCY at the National Museum in Addis Ababa
- Test varied Ethiopian food and attend Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony
On this trip you will be staying in either in a 4 hotel Addis Ababa and on the rest of the trip to the Historic Route, you will be staying in the in the best available tourist standard hotels, lodges and resorts which are selected and inspected by our team regularly.
This tour will be lead by our experienced A rated friendly cultural tourguides who have lead many tours in Ethiopia and who know well about the history, culture, as well as of nature & wildlife.
Our drivers are well trained and well travelled to the area. They know all the terrains and the valleys you will be traveling to. They always make sure you are comfortable and safe. They have been rated excellent by many…many travelers who have been on the road with them for long.
On this tour you will be traveling in a modern mini bus or coaster bus. All our vehicles have an A.C and seat belts.
*Note: On this trip there will be a domestic flight from Lalibela to Addis Ababa. The domestic flight has to be arranged separately.
- roundtrip as per program
- all necessary transfers
- 8 nights’ accommodation in good hotels (4-star in Addis Abeba) in double rooms
- all meals as stated in the program
- all entrance fees
- English speaking, qualified national tour guide
- farewell-dinner (flight schedule permitting)
- visa fees
- meals not stated in the program
- All expenses of personal nature (drinks, laundry, phone calls etc.)
Departure TimeApproximately 6.30AM
Return TimeApproximately 1.30PM
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
Arrive Addis Ababa
Addis Ababa-Bahirdar (B-D)
Lake Tana-Blue Nile Falls-Bahir Dar (B-D)
Bahir Dar-Gondar (B-D)
Excursion Simien Mountains National Park (B-D)
Gondar – Lalibela – Timket Eve (B-D)
Rock-hewn churches of Lalibela-Timket Festival at Lalibela (B-D)
Lalibela 2nd day of Timket
Lalibela-Addis Ababa-Departure (B-D)